This chocolate dessert ticks so many boxes and is my ‘go-to’ dessert. It is so easy to make, gluten free, totally delicious and there are only 5 ingredients so very little clean up. You can cut it up and serve as individual brownies or serve as a cake. A little bit goes a long way as it is quite rich, so you can feed the masses. It is a great one if you are a bit of a last minute.com like myself – you’ll have it baked and cooled and ready to serve in less than 60 minutes. If you are sold, the recipe is below. Happy Baking!
- 4 oz butter
- 5oz dark chocolate ( we use approx. 65% callebaut chocolate)
- 5oz caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 oz ground almond
- Preheat oven to 160c.
- Line an 8″ tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter, dark chocolate and caster sugar together slowly over a bain-marie.
- Stir in beaten eggs (tempering first to avoid them curdling).
- Fold in the almond flour, carefully mixing everything together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool in the tin.
Once cool, sieve some icing sugar on top to decorate and add some seasonal berries for added wow factor.
Of course I have no picture of finished product of the latest one I baked – being last minute and all that it arrived in the tin to our friends house. T’was delicious though!
I have left this recipe short and to the point but if you have any questions please comment below & I will be happy to answer.